Saturday, December 3, 2011

Innocence killed

I had a dream that woke me up so violently I gasped for air waking up.

It was a dream about me, my mother, my father, and my sister. They were all in it. And all played crucial roles of good vs. evil.

It's a family story. Then it got dark. I was alone at home. For some reason, the home was not what it was before. It was actually my dad's old apartment. After the divorce. And for some reason, my mother was still alive. And married to my father. I didn't like this at all.

I had just gotten home after a long time away. Nobody was home, but I had a key. Some kind of welcome back.
I noticed my pet beta fish was missing. And I went berserk looking for him. At this time, my mother and my sister came home, while I was looking all over the small apartment for my beta fish which I should mention I'm notorious for keeping alive and well in real life.

My mother explains that when my father took over he changed everything. I yell out that I'm going to get him for ruining what I'd taken so long to take care of and grow.

I yell for someone to get him on the phone. I yell "what is his number?". My sister sitting on the couch grabs out a blacked out Lotus cell phone and dials. It's not his normal number I realize by the tones. He's changed it.

I get on the phone when I hear a voice. It's not him. It's a pawn of his. Some guy, a nobody, a foot soldier. I'm talking things over and it turns out the pawn has been screwed with too. He says my father is simmering something. I'm assuming because my father is a cook at a restaurant somewhere.

The pawn puts on a fake sounding smile over the phone and transfers me over when he knows I won't put up with his bullshit.

Someone else picks up. It's a woman. Probably around my father's age. Maybe a year younger. She tells me that my father is busy. I yell for her to get him on the phone right now.

At this time, I, myself get lucky and find my beta fish, who is now barely alive. And to my amazement, they are all there. All of the fish I've had as pets growing up and into adulthood. And they've been having babies. Like kidnapped P.O.W.'s in a camp. But instead of a camp, it is a glass aquarium P.O.W. camp.

I scream that I'm going to kill him at the top of my lungs. My sister notices an all black mosquito on me. I swat it away. Then I see it on my wrist. It dives and disappears inside my skin. I see the lump in my skin as it comes up my right arm and I'm not sure if I should break whatever it is inside my body with a smack of my hand. I say, "what the hell",  I go for it.

I smack at it as it goes to my biceps. It is not dying. It is robotic I realize. A spy. A spy fly. Its going to kill me if I don't act right now. I keep swatting at it.

I wake up short on breath.

No comments: