Friday, June 15, 2012

When I was a teenager

When I was a teenager working at the mall I was outside smoking a cigarette, being cool. This angel of a woman came walking towards me. She, herself was a teenager, but had adult eyes that shined the most vibrant blue. She had wavy blonde hair down to her shoulders and a fair skin that only a Queen could produce. I knew I only wanted to be close to her as long as I could.

She smiled at me in shy grace. I said hello. She spoke French back to me. I was puzzled. Here was the woman of my dreams and I couldn't communicate with her. She only knew yes or no to my questions. She points up to the sky and says France. She asked for a smoke which I complied. I lit her cigarette and was so close to her that my heart was skipping beats by the moment.

We just looked at each other only knowing what we both felt but could not tell freely. She waves goodbye and me too. As she starts to leave I stop her knowing this might be my last time to see. I tell her I will go to France and find her and marry her one day.

When I was a teenager.

No comments: