Saturday, March 28, 2009

Literary Agent

Dear Literary Agent
,
I am a somewhat young writer, thirty years old. I have written and directed numerous short films and written 3 feature length scripts since getting serious about my craft four years ago.
They are: Blood in the Water, a feature length thriller screenplay I wrote about two brothers that fall in love with the same woman, their feud for her leads to deadly consequences. Roach Coach, a comedy story about a food truck owner in Los Angeles who dreams of owning a real restaurant, but is blackmailed from doing so by his female coworker. My latest finished script is a thriller, BRING JOHNNY HOME(stylized in caps), about the head of a Mexican mafioso getting out of prison from a year long sentence to find out his recent wife is pregnant and his youngest brother, Johnny, is missing.

I would be happy to send any of these screenplays for you to look at, if you'd like. I'm particularly proud of BRING JOHNNY HOME.
The reason I'm asking for a query is that I'm hard at work on my newest feature length screenplay, The Clocks That Can't Be Fixed, about a Mediterranean child raised by adoptive Caucasian parents in a small Midwestern town who decides to look for his biological parents who now reside in California and finds out he is not an only child. The theme for this story is that there is never enough time to do what you want, so spend that time wisely. The pages are in pretty good shape, and I'd also be delighted to show you this one.
On my list of works to write is Creditline, set in the future when everyone has credit limits instead of money, where one man's credit and identity disappears after he witnesses a high-profile murder. The other script I'm working on is Celebrity, about a well known celebrity who is caught burglarizing a jewelry shop by the owner and escapes by committing murder in the public eye, and while on bail, freely roams the streets while tensions rise among his neighbors, family, and friends around him as he pretends that nothing has happened.
Please be in touch and tell me if you'd like to see some of my material. In the meantime, I appreciate you taking the time to read my letter.

Best Regards,
Danny Derakhshan

No comments: